Whiskey Maple Sour Recipe from 1947 Tavern
Holiday party season is in full swing. And if you are hosting a party, you might be stressed out about what to serve. Lucky for you, we are here to help out. This week, we will be launching a series of posts that will give you ideas on what to serve this holiday party season.
Starting the party off right should include some kind of booze or specialty cocktail if you want to be fancy. Check out this Maple Whiskey Sour recipe by 1947 Tavern.
Whiskey Maple Sour | 1947 Tavern: Makes 1 cocktail
- 2 ounces bourbon (Old Grand Dad Bonded Bourbon preferred)
- 3/4 ounce pure maple syrup
- 3/4 ounce orange juice
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1 egg white (optional)
- Orange slice, for garnish
- Pour all of the ingredients (except the orange slice) into a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake furiously.
- Strain into a rocks glass over ice.
- Garnish with an orange slice.
This recipe is included in the book, Pittsburgh Chef’s Table, part cookbook, part biography and all around awesome. 100% Pittsburgh, it features over 80 recipes from 50 of the city’s hottest chefs. And, it makes a really great gift. Purchase Pittsburgh Chef’s Table via Amazon here.